Thursday, July 19, 2012

Christmas in July!


Yesterday was my Christmas in July! The Honey’s had taken a trip down to Gaborone, the capital about ten hours south of here. They also happen to have a much better shopping selection, so they kindly asked if I needed anything. Yes!! There is a refurbished bike shop that they had gotten bikes from before, so I called the owner up and asked if he could send a bike home with the Honeys for me. On Friday I got a call that they were there picking it out and he seemed to have a good idea of one that would work for me – I didn’t turn it down! It ended up costing about 200 dollars (1,630 pula). I would say that is worth it for a year of transportation and exercise!


Also brought back for me was a small oven with three burner plates on top – will be perfect for my new cooking endeavors! They also got me a water filter which will be a lovely alternative to boiling all of my water. Yay! Thank you Santa Keith!


3 comments:

  1. Wow thats wacky, i have never seen an oven like that... nice move on getting a bike, how long does it take you to get to work in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about a 35 minute ride at a good pace - a really good workout with one or two pretty big hills either way. Great start and end to the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool little 'stove' Looks like a beefed up toaster oven with burners. Glad you can cook/bake now. Hope your box comes soon. Wish I had remembered to send measuring cups, but I did not. :( sorry. Glad to see you are obtaining some comforts of a home you are used to. xoxo

    ReplyDelete