Monday, September 10, 2012

Busylessness


    I have determined that this year, I am learning a lesson in time management. Not the kind of time management required when you have so much to do and not enough time to do it all, though. The kind when you have too much time that you don’t know what to do with it. It’s a pretty pathetic problem, but it’s so completely new to me that I’m finding it really difficult. For the past four years I have been so busy I often didn’t have time to think, but now I have so much time I think I’m thinking too much!
    For the most part I find things to fill my time, but usually I resort to eating, exercising, reading, or sleeping, not necessarily in that order. Sounds great, right?? Ugh. Well I suppose to any normal person it’s the life, and most of the time I don’t really mind, but for someone who thrives on having something  to do or somewhere to be every minute of the day, it can get pretty frustrating. It’s not really too vacation-y, because I’m still doing work at work, but it’s just outside of work that there’s not much to do! Not having transportation certainly doesn’t help the situation because I can't stay anywhere past 6 without having to pay a bunch for a taxi or bum a ride off someone.
     So, it is something that is taking getting used to, and is getting more and more difficult as time goes on and I get more and more stir-crazy! Below is an example of the result of a lazy hazy Sunday afternoon…. Painted toes and nails! Decided to go hokie spirit on the toenails (thanks Carrie for the artwork) in honor of our successful football season so far! And the fingernails just ended up horribly tacky…. Oh well, it was fun to experiment!



3 comments:

  1. Not sure how to comment here, but feel like I should say something... being your mom and all. I'm feeling your misery and can only imagine how difficult 'having too much time on your hands' is, especially for you, the queen of multi-task. Your nails look nice/fun. Is it possible to take up a hobby? Quilting, sewing, basket making or something? Create something from nothing? Hang in there Ellie bird. <3 you. December will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are your joints swollen in your hands? You look a little inflamed here.

    ReplyDelete