Thursday, August 16, 2012

Puppy....


   Well it happened. I’ve been saying this whole time how impossible it is to not have a dog here, and one kind of fell into my lap last night. Matt phoned and said he found a puppy in a gutter/drainage ditch in front of the restaurant he works at. He brought it to bible study and I figured that I would bring it to the center so we could get it fixed up. She is an absolute flea-bag, crawling with fleas even after I gave her a bath in special shampoo. Just a mess. But pretty durn cute….



Not sure what will happen yet, I think I will hold on to her for a couple days to get her cleaned up, but I am technically not allowed to have dogs at my home in Kubu. It should be fine while she’s little, but another lady that lives on the property is very protective of the many bushbuck that we have around the lodge, and doesn’t want any other dogs around (it’s especially difficult without a fenced in yard…). So we will see how things turn out. At the very least I have a little puppy to look after for a few days!

2 comments:

  1. OMGOSH ELLEN! ADORABLE!! And good timing, since some of the peeps you've been working with have left. A new best friend perhaps. Can she stay at the center? Or can you fence in an area somewhere for her? Hope you can keep her, but don't get too attached. It's not likely she could make the flight home. Sooo funny, just last night I watched a movie called "A Dog of Flanders" (a little cheesy) about a boy who finds a mistreated, half dead dog, who of course becomes his life long friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally keep the puppy... I am picking up my dog tomorrow from my parents and I'll have Hailey back here in blacksburg.

    ReplyDelete